Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Precious moment!

Lately Taygen has been sleeping horribly. He will wake up like 7 times a night and only two of those times are to eat. The other times are to move him to a different position because he still wants to be swaddled. So, I decided today that if I could get him to not want to be swaddled, then he could get into any position he wanted all by himself without having to wake me up. So, today was my first attempt. I laid him in his crib with a comfortable blanket under him and one thin one on top of him. Then I left the room. He talked to himself and spit for like half an hour before he cried for about five minutes and then..... there was silence! I went in to check on him since I was very surprised to hear nothing, and he was sound asleep. He had pulled the comfy blanket that was under him all around his upper body for comfort, as if I was holding him. It was so cute I had to take a couple of pictures. I hope I can get him to be a better sleeper because some days I feel like a walking zombie. lol.

Such an angel.

Look how his arms are holding the blanket close to his face in his sleep. lol.

2 comments:

Eric, Harmony, Skye, and Sydney said...

Oh what a cutie! I too hope he sleeps better for you! I can't imagine how tired you are...7 times... wow!

{Marie Long} said...

Good job trying a new way of sleeping for him. It's always so wonderful when you can start putting them down and they just go to sleep on their own.