Monday, November 3, 2008

Proposition 8

I was just watching the news and learned something that makes me so mad. Tomorrow morning there is going to be a new commercial displaying two mormon missionaries going into this lesbian couples home and ripping up their marriage certificate and invading their home. I can't believe that this is going to be allowed to happen. What right do they have to disrespect our religion. Yes, the LDS religion believes in a man and a woman not same sex marriages. But, we also respect people's rights to their own views and opinions and we would never force our point of view upon anyone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you!! That commercial made me SO mad!!!! Its not even right to portray us like that. I think the worst part was when it said welcome to a religion that forces their beliefs on you. We have never and will never FORCE our beliefs on anyone- Yes, we have strong beliefs on this subject, but not forcing people. Its just not right, that commercial has got to go!!!!!!!!

The Mecham Family said...

I didn't know about that commercial...but we have to just turn the other cheek. People will always bash on other's beliefs...
I am really unsure about the church backing Proposition 8...although we are not forcing our beliefs on these people...is it necessary to tell them what the Can and Can't do?? I don't know...I'm confused....