Friday, March 28, 2008
Taygen
Well, I haven't written yet how my labor and delivery went. On March 20th at midnight I started having pretty bad contractions so by 2:30 a.m. we went to the hospital. I wasn't progressing very well by myself so the Dr. started pitocin at 7:30 a.m. and I was 1 cm dilated. At 9:30 a.m. I was 3 cm dilated and got my epidural which was amazing. I didn't progress again until 6:00 p.m. when I got to 4 cm. Then the worst thing ever happened, my epidural stopped working and no matter what kind of boosters the anesthesiologist gave me it didn't work. Finally around 10:00 p.m. I couldn't take the pain anymore and I was only dilated to a 6 and so the Dr. had reason to believe that the baby was too big for me. So, we did an emergency c-section. Taygen Aaron Haines was born at 10:21 p.m. on March 20th weighing 9 lbs. 2 oz. and was 22 inches long. The Dr. later told us that he had been stuck in my pelvis because he was too big for me, he was posterior, and the cord was around his neck. Plus, because of the anesthesia he was not breathing when he was born. It was all pretty scary but, once I saw him I fell in love with him immediately. It's so amazing being a mom. He is such a good baby and Aaron and I already can't imagine our lives without him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Lindsey:
I love you!
Your Mom
Post a Comment